Sunday, February 20, 2011

It wasn't me, it was my pants!

Saturday we drove to Singen, Germany, to look for a new car. Holger and I walked around outside the dealership a few minutes, and when we decided to go in, Holger gave me the keys to the Toureg and told me to bring the boys and the dog in the store. So I got everyone out of the car, put the keys in my jeans pocket and walked Gillian to the sidewalk for a leak before we all went in.


Thirty minutes later as we are walking out to the car, Holger asks me for the keys. I didn't have them. We spent the next hour scouring the car dealership and that little strip of sidewalk looking for the keys. No luck.


I went with the boys (no coats, though, those were in the car) to McDonalds and sat for an hour waiting for ADAC to come and unlock the car and turn it on. They came, but they weren't able to open the car.


So we looked for the keys another hour. No luck.

But it wasn't my fault - it was my pants. The back pockets have a button on them, so I couldn't put the keys in my back pocket.






I put them in the front pocket, which wasn't deep enough for a big set of keys. I figure they fell out of my pocket while I was walking Gillian. And then someone picked them up and took them away.





In the end we had to take a taxi from Singen to Hedingen to get the other set of car keys, and then back to Singen to get the Toureg and drive back to Hedingen. No passports, no car seats. A three and a half hour oddessy and a lot of money to pay for that taxi ride. Status as of this evening: keys still missing.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are able to forgive the pants eventually. They are too cute to be mad at for long.

    ReplyDelete