Monday, February 7, 2011

Sunny Sledding

So for this post, I thought thought I would put out there something we did together, rather than the individual activities like the last post. We recently went to Sattel to enjoy some mountain sunshine and let the boys go sledding.

Lucas loves going on the lift, although this picture doesn't really show it.



He absolutely loves sledding down, although this picture doesn't show it either. But at least I have a picture.



I, of course, don't do sledding because it scares the crap out of me, even when the snow is mushy and not icy. Steep is still steep and you can't break very well on a sled. This is where I sat reading my book enjoying the sunshine while the boys sledded down. No one was there to take my picture while I was sitting there, but at least you can see my shadow here.



After the boys went sledding, we walked across a new crazy long metal hanging/swinging bridge. I got totally seasick walking on it with all these other people because the bridge was totally swaying. I knew we couldn't fall off, but it was still a weird feeling.






This is Nicholas screaming and crying because we walked a short loop around the hill back to our sleds instead of just re-crossing the bridge. [Note to self: check whether anyone ever posts the less pleasant parts of their day on their blogs. I don't want to be the only one.]



Finally, here we all are happy together and walking back up toward the lift and our stuff. I loved the blue sky; we don't get so many of them in the winter here.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day! Definitely post the good and the bad - so much more interesting. And get someone to take your picture once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tanya, posting the ups and downs is what makes a blog wonderful and you a real and normal person. I love the sledding pics. Last time we were at Sattel we ran into your boys. Schade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the whole day how it really is too. you're making great memories! xx

    ReplyDelete