Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sex and Chocolate

You know me. I love small luxury goods of any kind. But what you may not realize, and the point is it doesn't necessarily need to be expensive to be delightfully, surprisingly luxurious.

On Valentine's Day Holger and I went out on a date downtown. It was wonderful. We went on a long walk through the old town and had a relaxing, grown-up dinner at The Terrace. But that's not what this story is about.

While we were wandering, we walked in to Agent Provacateur and Holger bought me a bottle of perfume. It is too bad you can't upload a scent like you can a movie or a photo, because this one is amazing. But that's also not what this story is about.



As the sales lady put the perfume into the bag, she also gave us two chocolates for Valentine's Day. And these chocolates were delightfully, surprisingly, unsurpassingly luxurious.



Look at the box. I love the shape and the sharp corners. Swiss perfection. Look at the embossing. It's elegant. The box is made out of heavy linen paper - you wouldn't be surprised to find jewelry in it. I think it is gorgeous. I wonder what other treasure I can find to put in it.


The chocolate itself was an unexpectedly bright, almost neon pink color. Loved it.



And inside, smooth, rich, half-solid chocolate infused with rosewater. I also wish it were possible to upload taste. The truffle was bitter flowery but chocolaty too. It wasn't delicious, but it was memorable. And, it was beautiful: a small, unexpected luxury at the bottom of my Valentine bag.

1 comment: